A monument erected at the site of the mass murder of Jews in the Kretinga district, near Darbėnai, was vandalised.
The vandalised monument was spotted by a resident of Darbėnai who was walking in the forest of the White Hill.
The man reported the desecration of the massacre site to the municipality, and the police were soon informed of the incident.
Over 320 women and children of the Jewish community of Darbėnai were shot in 1941 at this site, where a monument to the victims of the Holocaust stands.
In 2005, the site of the massacre and the monument were recognised by the State as a protected cultural heritage site with historical and memorial value.
The site of the massacre is now a lonely stone, shards of vodka bottles and a swastika engraved in the stone.