Danish teen charged with plotting to bomb Jewish school

A Danish prosecutor said a 16-year-old girl has been formally charged with planning bomb attacks against two schools in Denmark.

Prosecutor Lise-Lotte Nilas said the teenager is accused of “having made preparations to make bombs” using the explosive known as TATP. She said her targets were a school west of Copenhagen and a Jewish school in the capital.

Police thwarted the plans by arresting the girl in January last year. A trial is set to start on April 7, 2017 in Holbaek, north-west of the Danish capital.

Defence lawyer Michael Juul Eriksen told The Associated Press his client, who twice had been in Syria, would be released later Friday.

related

Subscribe to the EJC newsletter

Get the EJC newsletter, including the latest statements and news from the European Jewish communities, direct to your inbox.

European Jewish Congress will use the information you provide on this form to contact you. We will treat your information with respect and will not share it with others. By clicking Subscribe, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.

browse by community